TEU Summer 2021 Program Plan Update:Due to the continuing challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic, we have been forced to hold the Math and Science TEU programs remotely this summer. It simply is not possible to host in-person programs at Brown University and Trinity College. The safety and well-being of all is of course our first concern.
The TEU leadership team is hard at work re-envisioning the program for this summer to make the remote version as challenging, exciting, and fulfilling as possible. Since the decision to shift to a remote program was made only recently, the announcement of acceptances to the TEU program will be delayed until April 1st, 2021. Please watch this page for updates.
TEU Summer 2020 Program COVID-19 responseDue to the challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic, summer 2020 Science and Math TEU programs had to be cancelled. In their place the TEU program developed a series of seven weekly webinars for the mathematics and science cohorts to attend online. The topics of the webinars were:
- Week 1 & 2 - two sessions on Mathematics Pedagogy - June 22nd and 29th at 7pm EDT
- Week 3 - Equity and Inclusion - July 7th at 7pm EDT
- Week 4 - A Teaching Careers Panel discussion with STEM teachers including former TEU interns - July 14th at 11:30am EDT
- Week 5 - Justice-Centered Science Curriculum Development - July 21st, 7:00-8:30pm EDT
- Week 6 - Teaching Science in NYC – from Pandemics to Protests - July 28th from 7:00-8:30pm EDT
- Week 7 - A panel discussion on Pathways Into and Through STEM Education Careers (hosted by leaders in the field) - August 5th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm
The lively sessions included virtual community building and were full of relevant information for our future STEM educators.