TEU Summer 2021 Program Plan
While we are planning on holding the Teaching Experiences for Undergraduates programs at Brown University and Trinity College during the summer of 2021, it is possible that we may not be able to hold these programs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please watch this page for updates.
TEU Summer 2020 Program COVID-19 response
Due to the continuing challenges presented by the Coronavirus pandemic, this past summer’s Science and Math TEU programs had to be cancelled. In their place the TEU program has developed a series of seven weekly webinars for this year's mathematics and science cohorts to attend online. The topics of the webinars were:
- Week 1 & 2 - two sessions on Mathematics Pedagogy - June 22nd and 29th at 7pm EDT
- Week 3 - Equity and Inclusion - July 7th at 7pm EDT
- Week 4 - A Teaching Careers Panel discussion with STEM teachers including former TEU interns - July 14th at 11:30am EDT
- Week 5 - Justice-Centered Science Curriculum Development - July 21st, 7:00-8:30pm EDT
- Week 6 - Teaching Science in NYC – from Pandemics to Protests - July 28th from 7:00-8:30pm EDT
- Week 7 - A panel discussion on Pathways Into and Through STEM Education Careers (hosted by leaders in the field) - August 5th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm
The sessions will include virtual community building, and we expect them to be lively and full of relevant information for our future STEM educators. Private links to these meetings will be sent each week to participants.